COLSA is seeking a Software Test Engineer with a background in the Mobility Air Forces (MAFPS) Planning System to be the on-site developmental test support at Fairview Heights, Illinois to the 45th Test Squadron Mission Planning Flight located at Eglin AFB. You could be the critical missing piece to our team! In this exciting role, you will:
- Serve as technical advisor for Agile Software Development programs.
- Provide Air Force mission planning test support and liaison activities for the 45th Test Squadron.
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor test projects using standard software testing practices to obtain valid results.
- Plan, monitor, and evaluate tests, and assess the feasibility and soundness of proposed evaluation methods. Make recommendations and commitments on the conventional aspects of the testing assignments.
- Plan tests, establish criteria, assess program effectiveness, and investigate/analyze unusual testing conditions, problems, or questions.
- Provide mission planning expertise in addressing questions/issues of critical importance to the customer and frequently serve as the final authority on software quality.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the software or class of software being tested, to include experience with the existing software, previous versions, or any associated software used in conjunction with the software being tested.
- Maintain testing/test methodology experience, including testing of software/hardware, such as unit, integration, system, or acceptance testing, and familiarity with Air Force directives, processes and procedures.
- Maintain experience in the use of automated mission planning software.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
One of the following combinations is required: Master's Degree and a minimum of 10 years of applicable experience -OR- Bachelor's degree and 18 years of applicable experience –OR- HS Diploma or Equivalent and 22 years of applicable experience.
- Aviation or aviation mission planning experience with functions provided by the software including operational use of comparable systems.
- Ability to conduct mission planning using Mobility Air Forces Planning System (MAFPS).
- A working knowledge and understanding of aircraft performance technical orders.
- Experience as a military aircrew member (pilot, navigator, Weapons Systems Officer) accomplishing manual mission planning procedures and techniques.
- A Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team and to lead the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including communication skills in areas of technical writing, briefings, and formal presentations.
- Possess or obtain DOD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE) or higher within six months of hire, and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Ability to travel to required meetings (such as Engineering Design Reviews, Formal Qualification Tests, and other enterprise/program meetings) CONUS and OCONUS.
- Willing to work extended hours including weekends and holidays when required to meet mission requirements.
- Proficient with Windows 10 and Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to conduct mission planning using Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) and Portable Flight Planning Software (PFPS).
- Familiar with Air Force developmental and test processes as they relate to software acquisition and instructional systems development.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website