Performs complex engineering duties as a generalist or in a combination of disciplines. May be used for specific engineering roles not otherwise specified in compensation plan.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential functions)
- Responsible for the design, development, and modification of complicated and difficult mechanical devices and/or systems *
- Responsible for planning and conducting assigned technical projects or phases of projects *
- Responsible for documenting the results of mechanical design elements on assigned projects *
- May provide work leadership for lower level employees
- Applies knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to solve basic problems
- Designs a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- Participates on multidisciplinary teams
- Identifies, formulates, and finds solutions to engineering problems
- Uses techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools to achieve desired outcomes
- May evaluate supplier capabilities as needed
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field of study or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10-15 years related experience
- U.S. Citizenship required; Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance after hire
- Direct experience with AWR - Air Worthiness Requirements
- Direct experience with AED - Aviation Engineering Directorate
- Direct experience with SolidWorks and PDM
- Direct experience leading design teams
- Direct experience with component and system design
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website