COLSA Corporation is seeking candidates for a Senior Software Engineer to join its Software Factory in Huntsville, Alabama.
About Our Team
Members of the COLSA Software Factory (CSF) believe in and strive to maintain an open, honest working environment that welcomes new ideas and alternative solutions. Using a collaborative decision-making approach helps us implement the most effective solution for our customers. Our processes are flexible and members are encouraged to propose improvements. We develop products cognizant of the impact it will have on everyone from the developer to the end-user. We are passionate about what we do and eagerly await others to join our team!
At the CSF, we craft unique software solutions that take customers' dreams and make them a reality. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is excited about solving complex problems and is willing to take ownership, deliver value, and make a difference in our processes and outcomes.
How we work
- We work in small teams using our Factory Agile Software Team process and freely collaborate to create innovative solutions
- We encourage improvement of our processes by piloting the improvements and evaluating the effects on quality and timeliness of the resulting products
- We work directly with our clients as partners—we get to know their business and their pain points before architecting a solution. As part of the CSF, you will be interfacing with the client in various capacities throughout a project.
Some things you'll be doing
- Working directly with stakeholders to identify their business needs and architecting solutions
- Openly collaborating with a team of software engineers that share the same passion about software
- Using cutting edge open source technologies
- Leveraging source control, automated testing, and project tracking software to ensure delivery of a high quality product
- Documenting design decisions and other software artifacts
- Attending all aspects of the Agile Scrum process from daily standups to sprint reviews with the customers
- Teaching and guiding junior teammates
- Learning from teammates so that each member of the team grows professionally
- Developing features front to back and helping deploy a product every 6 weeks
- Engaging with not only other developers but also our designers, testers, and leadership
- Monitoring, diagnosing, and fine-tuning the back-end, data models, and performance of the software products
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Eight years applicable related experience
- Must have an Active SECRET clearance
- Master's degree
- Experience in web technologies (HTML5 and CSS)
- Experience in back end technologies (C#, Java, Python, or Node.js)
- Experience in database technologies (MYSQL, SQL, MongoDB, or Graph Databases)
- Experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, or etc.)
- Experience in source repositories (GIT, TFS, or Perforce)
- Experience in Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website