This position provides support to the 46 Test Squadron at Eglin AFB as a member of a system administration team responsible for maintenance of systems within the Advanced Programs (AP) lab. This support includes the following:
- Work with a team that will build, configure, patch, secure, deploy, monitor, upgrade, and maintain servers and systems running Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- Employs creative technical problem-solving skills to resolve issues or devise a new solution while installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux systems and servers.
- Analyze a system's source code, developing solutions to improve system-wide performance.
- Review system error logs to assess system performance; work with team members and end-users to perform fault isolation and resolve system issues.
- Review system and application logs looking for anomalies; maintains and updates antivirus solutions like McAfee.
- Implement LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) web server configuration, which includes installation of all standard plugins, configuration, and SSL.
- Create, maintain, and update system documentation and drawings, including System Engineering Plans and network configuration diagrams.
- Perform and maintain network and system backup schemes; maintain, retrieve, and migrate programs and data.
- Assist in overseeing system-wide security implementation; capable of employing best practices and techniques to maintain and enhance information security with the implementation of DISA STIGs
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
One of the following combinations is required: Master's Degree and a minimum of 10 years of applicable experience -OR- Bachelor's degree and 18 years of applicable experience –OR- HS Diploma or Equivalent and 22 years of applicable experience.
- An active Secret Clearance adjudicated within the past five years is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Must have a current Security+ or equivalent certification, or able to get one within six months of employment.
- Must have/earn a Linux Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) credential/certificate or industry equivalent within six months of employment.
- Proficient in the implementation of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) web server.
- Must possess analytical skills with the ability to review and write system and application source code.
- Strong understanding of protocols like, TCP/IP, NTP, DNS, and DHCP. Proficient with Active Directory.
- Ability to communicate and present technical details both written and verbally is required.
- Must be able to travel to contractors' facilities, test sites, and other locations up to 30% of the time is required.
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment, successfully interacting with team members and customers.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted is required.
- Experience in implementing and managing a virtualization platform (i.e. VMWare or Hyper-V).
- Knowledge with KVM systems is desired.
- Understanding and experience in DISA STIG assessment and implementation.
- Prior networking experience, able to build and configure network routers, switches, and firewalls is desired.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website