COLSA Corporation is currently seeking to fill a Systems Security Engineer - Senior position at Robins AFB in Warner Robins, GA.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be actively engaged during the programs full life cycle in identifying unique system characteristics in SOF/PR aircraft modifications
- Interfacing with contractor software/cyber security subject matter experts
- Consulting with the integrated process team to create/identify/review requisite documentation including but not limited to security categorizations and controls, risk assessments, contingency plans, security test and evaluation reports, vulnerability assessment reports, and contract CDRLs and deliverables
- Assisting in mapping complex software/cyber security technical requirements, functionality, and capabilities to prescribed security controls, policies, and practices.
- Provide cybersecurity support, including development and technical review of Systems Security Plans (SSP), cybersecurity strategy, cybersecurity test strategy, and other SSE documents
- Perform security management duties for systems and applicant supported under this task
- Apply knowledge of security best practices and industry standards used in protecting data from unauthorized access and prevention of the use, disclosure, destruction, modification, or disruption to access
- Evaluate the technical implementation of the security design to ascertain security software, hardware, and firmware features affecting confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability, and non-repudiation have been implemented as documented in the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Evaluate the ability of the security architecture of designs and solutions to defend weapon systems and critical networks against malicious and non-malicious exploitation throughout the full acquisition life cycle of portfolio programs
- Support the identification of current and future cyber analyses to understand and classify the criticality, risk of occurrence, and feasibility of mitigation strategies for legacy and support systems
- Support and review existing and future cyber vulnerability assessments of new and legacy systems and recommend prioritized mitigation strategies
- Assist in the development of a report outlining the mitigation objectives and legacy system cyber resiliency strategy
- Apply knowledge of industry and DoD cyber resiliency strategies to cyber resiliency efforts
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Advanced Degree (MA/MS) from an ABET accredited college/university in Computer Science or Engineering discipline and 12 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 years of which must be in DoD
- OR Bachelors Degree from an ABET accredited college/university in Computer Science or Engineering discipline and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be DoD
- OR 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be DoD
- Relevant certifications, including government directed certifications, may be required.
- Ability to clearly present and communicate technical approaches and findings.
- SECRET DoD security clearance.
- Possess a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Cybersecurity Authorization Professional (CAP) Certification
- Have relevant experience with a weapon system, DoD weapon systems are preferred, in modernization/sustainment phase and in the preparation and review of cyber documentation packages
- Experience with vulnerability assessment procedures, tools and techniques which identify system vulnerabilities, Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) guidance and policy regarding program sensitive items, and identifying security management requirements during specific phases of the program acquisition life cycle
- Working knowledge of acquisition processes, the DoD acquisition process is preferred
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website