- The primary purpose of the contractor supplied Training Systems (MTS) engineering position is to directly support the Advanced Pilot Training (APT) program within the Training Aircraft Division as a technical specialist for the design, development, production, procurement, and testing of aircrew and maintenance training systems.
- Responsible for providing technical guidance, coordination, and training systems expertise in support of major acquisition programs.
- Ability to apply broad engineering knowledge analyzing and originating solutions to a wide variety of highly controversial or unprecedented training system problems.
- Must possess the ability to apply advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes to develop and validate new engineering requirements, technical approaches, product proposals, etc., that will better overall system performance capability as well as possessing the capacity to recommend technical policies for establishing and ensuring consistency in the application of technical baseline engineering data and processes.
- Apply an understanding of DoD, AF, and common engineering/scientific principles, processes, and procedures to improve the performance and sustainability of existing and future AF and joint service weapon systems.
- Have an understanding of applying MIL-HDBK-516C Airworthiness Certification Criteria, to aircraft systems and subsystems.
- Understand and execute Air Force Policy Directive (AFPD) 62-6, USAF Airworthiness, associated AFIs and Airworthiness Bulletins through standardized processes and issuance of flight authorizations.
- Assist in translating user requirements into weapons system requirements, which will be used to design, develop, fabricate, test, and evaluate weapons systems, subsystems, and equipment for eventual fielding and deployment.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- BS in an ABET-accredited Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in engineering
- Possesses the advanced knowledge, experience, and recognized ability to be considered an expert in the technical/professional field, possess the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and journeyman personnel within the technical/professional discipline.
- Will demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures, and practices in their area of expertise.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security clearance at the required level
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website