Director Data Engineering BE1
The Director, Data Engineering is responsible for creating and executing a bank-wide data strategy that aligns with our corporate vision, and ultimately enabling both colleagues and customers to leverage data to help make better decisions in a timely fashion. This role is critical in the overall Digital Transformation (Engine) which delivers best in class customer experiences powered by data (Fuel). As the leader of this high impact team, the Director, Data Engineering will centralize and monetize data across the bank and develop data products partnering with senior stakeholders across lines of business to identify data investments. This will include building out data privacy and reporting functions, as well as building platforms to deliver data and analytics solutions that drive our business and fuel the next generation of digital customer capabilities. The preferred candidate will have experience in managing Technology in national and/or regional banks.
- Own the strategy for centralization and monetization of data across the bank and the development of data products.
- Create and execute data strategies and systems.
- Provide leadership in big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning and analytics for the entire bank.
- As a member of the senior management team, partner with BU and technology leaders to formulate the company's business and digital strategies, product roadmaps.
- Develop BU Technology vision, strategy, and a roadmap, and lead the IT team and its business partners in effective execution.
- Proactively advise the senior management team on the emerging technologies and digital trends that are most relevant to the company's goals and evolving needs.
- Help determine capital investment parameters, priorities and risks for technology initiatives to maximize the competitive advantage and return on investment.
- Influence enterprise-wide digital transformation; Mobilize commitment, shared vision and work toward digital transformation. Identify recommend and develop cost-effective technology solutions for the enterprise.
- Partner with shared services and peer senior leaders to develop effective enterprise capabilities as appropriate aligned with core architectural principles.
- Ensure transparency and collaboration between the IT organization and its business partners.
- Centralize data by integrating and mastering our data sources, resulting in consistent, high-quality information that adds business value.
- Support data quality efforts by cleansing, standardizing, mastering, lineage, and creating data scorecards.
- Generate more revenue by identifying new prospects, better expansion opportunities, and increase retention.
- Provide superior customer insights.
- Implement the most appropriate and effective organizational design to support and engage with the business.
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the products and platforms that supports the BU's operations and customer facing applications.
- Establish metrics for managing technology effectiveness and impact including availability and reliability of all key systems.
- Maintain oversight of all technology projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and delivered.
- Partner with Enterprise teams to design and implementation of an BU/Enterprise disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Partner with Enterprise team to advance DevOps methodology, Human centered Design and effective technology & security standards.
- Monitor the industry for developments in IT operations; evaluate and implement relevant new tools and service management frameworks.
- Review, recommend, and oversee all vendors and managed service agreements for computing, telecommunications, IT services, and equipment.
- Ensures the continuous development and advancement of Technology skills and capabilities among teams across technology through on-going coaching, mentoring and fostering an environment of continuous learning.
- This position is responsible for creating and nurturing teams of teams with shared goals and objectives, while retaining and attracting top talent.
- This position is responsible for exhibiting a participative management style with peers of
- Technology and with business partners, providing a positive influence on the workforce and Tech leadership teams.
- Manage strategic vendor relationships.
- Promote continuous improvement mindset in improving operations.
- Develop operational run book and procedures for respective products and platforms.
- Manage risk (including TLCM) and ensure risk mitigation plans are actively managed and adjusted as appropriate.
- Effective engagement with regulators as required.
- Develop and implement plan to track usage of technology investments.
- Accountable for creating, securing approval for and management of Business Units capital and expense budgets, while exhibiting strict cost discipline.
- Accountable for understanding and driving meaningful implications of key financial indicators, and the use financial analysis to create and evaluate strategic options and opportunities.
- Accountable for negotiating and managing multi-million-dollar contracts and vendor relationships on behalf of the bank.
- Explore and deploy tools and associated practices to build consumption patterns, identify cost optimization opportunities and provide input to financial planning activities.
- Responsible for developing and delivering effective proposals in a manner that provides crisp and clear business value to executive leadership.
Apply on company website