Estate Analyst Junior
Comerica's estate settlement unit is a team of knowledgeable and experienced professionals, whose goal is to make the estate settlement process as seamless as possible for all concerned. The Estate Analyst Jr. role will be responsible for assisting our estate settlement officers in the administration of estate related administrative accounts and providing support to our client families knowing the period following a death of a loved one can be a difficult time. Position Competencies
Successful incumbents possess problems solving skills, customer focus, process management, organization, written communication, and priority setting. Position Responsibilities:
- Assist in the administration of estate and estate trust accounts by marshaling assets and assisting the administrative offer with valuing all assets for Federal Estate Tax purposes.
- This position is assigned to a specific Administrative Officer who will provide substantial supervision and direction of duties.
- Responsible for 40-50 estates and valuing and/or collecting assets of these accounts.
- Manage the personal property and the decedent's residence when a rental (nursing homes, apartments, etc.)
- Prepare Estate Inventories and Schedules of Property listing all assets and their values.
- Review legal documents such as deeds to real estate, titles to automobiles, titling of accounts, beneficiary designations, contractual agreements, buy-sell agreements, etc. and calculate appropriate value for tax reporting and distribution purposes.
- Investigate and evaluate tax returns and documents provided by family members, attorneys, certified public accountants (CPAs) and other sources to determine all assets reportable for a decedent's estate.
- Independently respond to questions and address concerns from beneficiaries, accountants, attorneys, co-Trustees, internal support groups.
- Interact with various internal service departments and act as a liaison with outside professionals, maintaining responsibility for the account until all issues are resolved.
- Account opening/closing, bill paying, check requests/distributions, monitoring daily cash positions for overdrafts and exceptions, monitor and post fees.
Apply on company website