IT Control Specialist
The IT Control Specialist will play a critical role in helping the organization identify and remediate risks while navigating through a rapidly changing environment. Responsible for independently executing assigned audit and advisory activities, ensuring compliance with Comerica's published standards and policies. The role utilizes sound, seasoned analytical skills, and technical expertise to provide consultation to management regarding sustainable controls associated with newly developed IT products, processes, branding, and overall strategy. Responsibilities also includes assisting with development of testing procedures to detect any breakdown in current controls. Responsible for presenting risk analysis and remediation results to high level stake holders/management and advising and consulting on solutions to minimize risk and meet compliance standards. Experience with IT controls identification; COBIT certification and Finance/Banking experience preferred. Position Responsibilities:
- Ensures key remediation commitments are compliant, tested and implemented on time
- Reviews controls to ensure operating effectiveness and reports findings to management.
- Ensures audit findings have remediation plans that address root cause and support sustainable controls
- Perform risk analysis to determine level of risk to the bank and recommend action(s) to mitigate risk.
- Develop and implement proper controls to address regulatory changes.
- Understand Comerica's policies, processes and procedures for the assigned line of business and support business line with updates/changes as they are required
- Recommend ways to streamline controls and supporting processes while balancing operational risk
- Experience in identifying risks and gap analysis as well as presenting and consulting on risk analysis solutions
- Analyze and make recommendations on department policies, processes and procedures.
- Management of and/or participation in medium to large sized projects related to risk and compliance.
- Work collaboratively with business units and others on the implementation of new regulations.
- Represent the business on risk and compliance working groups or committees as assigned.
- Educate and train business unit on risks that affect them.
- Ensure compliance training requirements are properly communicated and completed.
Apply on company website