Principal Engineer - Salesforce Technologies
This role will function as a Technical lead in the Salesforce platform center of excellence and is responsible for solutioning, designing and developing capabilities using the Salesforce platform. The platform ecosystem includes Sales, Service, Marketing Cloud and Financial services cloud. Strong knowledge in the Salesforce platform encompassing various clouds is strongly preferred. The role will also perform analysis on the data that flows between the systems and requires API knowledge, to successfully develop the solutions desired. Salesforce certifications and track record of keeping the certifications active and continuous learning within the Salesforce platform is strongly preferred and will make the candidate a preferred candidate for this role.
Design and Methodology
- Work closely with business units, application teams, infrastructure areas and vendors to identity, review and evaluate the solution requirements within the Salesforce platform ecosystem.
- Continuously evaluate new products and capabilities from Salesforce, tracking the Salesforce native releases and identifying potential features that fit the Comerica bank technology strategy.
- Evaluate and align strategic fit solutions across platforms and solutions that integrate with the Salesforce product suite.
- Understand, participate, review and influence long term capacity planning and technology investments.
Technical Leadership and Development
- Provide estimation and planning guidance for moderate to complex projects within Salesforce platform ecosystem.
- Provide consultation and works closely with other functional infrastructure areas/departments on multiple initiatives to meet common organizational/business goals and objectives.
- Participate in and provides consulting to project teams on architectural, design development, integration opportunities, planning of complex systems.
- Develop solution architecture, data flow models, conceptual and logical architectures, solution blueprints to help development teams.
- Lead development with engineers, perform hands-on development on various complex modules as identified to suit the business requirements.
- Lead and direct our staff augmentation and external technology partners in their development towards the committed deliveries.
Planning and Organizing
- Map requirements into standard services solution, identity opportunities for integrating to existing or reuse technology and provide cost effective solutions for moderate to large highly complex project/programs/initiatives.
- Review, identify and manage requirements for moderate to complex solutions and do a cost value, feasibility and risk analysis.
- Review, participate, develop and update architectural standards, guiding principles, rationales and strategies.
- Evaluate, review and approve highly complex design solutions for business and Infrastructure project or programs or initiatives.
- Keep management informed of status of on activities through accurate, timely, and appropriate reporting.
- Actively participate in committees representing the department and/or planning unit.
Apply on company website