SBA Credit Underwriting Officer II
The SBA Credit Underwriting Officer II assists Credit Administration and the Commercial Lending Departments with the structuring, underwriting and documentation of larger and more complex SBA loan requests. Under minimal supervision, the SBA Credit Underwriting Officer II provides services such as investigation of the borrowing entity; analysis of the proposed structure and the various repayment sources, and industry/economic factors affecting the request. Additionally, provides on-going monitoring of the credit exposure once the transaction is consummated. Also assists loan groups with overdraft approvals and other transactions requiring credit concurrence. Position Competencies:
Successful incumbents possess strong analytical, time management, verbal and written communication skills, work independently on complex transactions and are accountable. Position Responsibilities:
- Provides complex SBA loan app Provides complete analysis of larger and more locations, as well as reviews of existing relationships, utilizing the various underwriting methods as established by Credit Administration.
- Independently prepares and/or updates appropriate RECAP documentation for large and/or complex requests and recommends/negotiates covenant package with CBO.
- Participates with or without the SBA Advisor/RM in client/prospect conversations and asks follow up questions as appropriate.
- Assists ACAO and loan groups with all forms of audits (AQR, Internal, compliance) and regulatory exams (safety and soundness, SNC).
- Assists lenders with ongoing maintenance and management of loan portfolio including customer contact and follow-up on credit issues.
- Serves as mentor to more junior underwriters and FLO's in underwriting transactions and reviews recaps prior to presentation to Department Committee.
- Investigate title searches, surveys and UCC searches and facilitate resolution.
- Has a solid understanding of loan documentation and legal issues and communicates with outside counsel to facilitate the documentation process.
- Maintains overall portfolio quality within established parameters (i.e. limit risk rated loans to less than or equal to 10%, limit past due loans over 30 days or less, etc.).
- Actively participates in loan approval discussions and present loans for approval; signs off on real estate appraisals, environmental reports, M&E appraisals prior to loan closing.
- Manage individual workload for completeness and quality, so that credit decisions and post-approval due diligence tasks are completed within parameters established by U.S.-SBA's SOPs, Credit Policy, Service Level Agreements, and department goals.
- Has solid knowledge of SBA and Comerica processes and ensures self and LOB's are adhering to proper procedures.
- Refer cross selling opportunities to Bank's internal partners.
- Request and while review applications/documents interacting with clients, outside professionals, and internal partners as needed throughout the underwriting and loan process.
- Review and document SBA eligibility and exceptions to Credit (e.g., client follow-up). Policy.
- Work with SBA Advisors to evaluate and structure loan requests while making recommendations to approve, decline or modify loan requests.
- Assist with overall operation of SBA Credit Dept. regarding audits, client servicing/portfolio management (e.g., loan modifications, collections, etc.), transfers to SAG, special projects, and enhancing efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability.
- Work with SBA Advisors and SBA Operations to ensure loans are closed and funded properly.
Apply on company website