Join Community Services Group (CSG) as a Peer Support Specialist for our Adult Mental Health (MH) Peer Support Services in Sunbury, PA and find meaning in your work every day.
Peer Support Specialists have progressed in their own recovery and promote self-determination, personal responsibility, empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery, and assist individuals with mental illness in the individual's recovery process. They support and assist individuals in the recovery process through coaching, mentoring, and integrating with the community. Peer Support Specialist also identify individuals' abilities, strengths, and assets (both internal and external) and assist them to recognize these strengths and use them to achieve their goals.
- Part-Time - Hours determined by needs of individuals and program
- Great opportunity to start your career in human services while assisting others to experience life to its fullest
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Maintained within the last three (3) years, at least 12 months of successful full or part time paid or voluntary work experience or one-year post-secondary education experience totaling 24 credit hours.
- Be a self-identified individual who has received or is receiving state priority group services as defined in the Mental Health Bulletin OMH-94-04, Serious Mental Illness; Adult Priority Group.
- Completed and passed a Peer specialist certification training program, including written examination, which is offered in accordance with the guidelines defined by the Department.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
- WRAP Component preferred but not mandatory.
Become a valued member of the CSG Team. Together, we can do great things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
Apply on company website