Posted Date: Nov 20, 2020
- We have an opening for an Assitant Director of Dining Services position.
- Location: Appleton, WI
- Schedule: M-F, days. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Preferred Requirements: Bachelors Degree, RD certification strongly desired, prior food service management experience preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team!
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference? At Chartwells, we provide over 2 million meals each day to students at more than 4,100 schools, ranging from large public institutions to small charter and private schools. Our goal is to ensure kids leave the cafeteria happier and healthier than they come in. That's why we serve food kids love to eat and create programs that encourage fun and discovery.
Full time associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- 401k with Company match
- Great Schedule!
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Discount Marketplace
- And other great benefits!
As an Assistant Director of Dining Services, you will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of a large volume K-12 food service account. You will manage and lead a team of associates, and will be responsible for talent development, managing client relationships, profitability, and supporting financial goals in an assigned area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the management team in creating nutritious and top quality food.
- Implements new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary teams.
- Establishes and reviews standards and work procedures for all staff in accordance with established policies and practices
- Assists to ensure client, customer satisfaction and efficient cost effective management of the account
- Assists in managing, scheduling, and training of staff, and promotes the professional growth and development of all associates
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferrably in Dietetics, Food Science or related field
- Registered Dietitian certification strongly desired
- 1-3 years of food service management experience
- High volume experience; multi-unit preferred
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Financial experience and business acumen skills
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet
- Experience with POS systems, cash registers, cash counting and reconciliation
- ServSafe certified preferred
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 429790
Apply on company website