Posted Date: Oct 23, 2020
TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 430810.
Click here to learn more.
- We have an opening for a CAFE MANAGER position.
- Location: BF Goodrich; 5101 21st St Tuscaloosa, AL 35401. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time; Monday- Friday with occasional weekends.
- Requirement: Previous culinary, foodservice operations and management/leadership experience.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Canteen is a national vending machine operating company offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states. Canteen's track record of innovation began in 1929, when company founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.
Full time associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
This individual will be responsible for the supervision of the food service operation, ensuring the standards of excellence are met. They will supervise associates and support financial responsibilities.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and coaches associates.
- Plans, markets and executes special events/promotions in the cafe
- Ensures compliance with proper sanitation and cleaning standards
- Operates within the budget and identifies new ways to improve the business
- Manages cafe operations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations
- Operational knowledge of cash handling procedures and food service equipment
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred"
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 430810
Apply on company website