Posted Date: Apr 18, 2020
- We have an opening for a RESIDENT DIETITIAN position.
- Location: Note: online applications accepted only.
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference. Try one of our 4000 public and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining Services. That's about 2.6 million young students we provide meals and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies Chartwells' promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not only our business; it's our commitment to the communities in which we serve.
Full time associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Under the direction of the Regional Dietitian and District Manager, the Resident Dietitian assists with development, implementation and evaluation of nutrition and sustainability initiatives that support the strategic plans of the Client and Company. The Resident Dietitian supports the operations team with regulatory compliance, nutrition program implementation, menu development, dietetic internship, Webtrition management, nutrition education and promotion, parent and community nutrition outreach, media activities, associate training, and food allergy management. They may also support the regional dietitian with division nutrition initiatives. This position will support the West Memphis, AR geography.
- Assists with development, field implementation, and evaluation of nutrition and sustainability mandatory and optional programs.
- Assists field with interpretation of new regulations, maintenance of USDA audit readiness, and preparation for specific USDA and state audits.
- Maintains Company nutrition and regulatory training in the field.
- Takes a leadership role in menu development that meets Company nutrition guidelines, regulatory standards and district food cost goals.
- Coordinates program evaluation protocols and research protocols in the field.
- Assists with dietetic internship as preceptor for dietetic interns in the field in coordination with operator preceptors.
- Implements nutrition education lessons and programs.
- Supports Company sustainability programs in the field.
- Supports strategic purchasing initiatives.
- Leads Webtrition implementation, maintenance and compliance in coordination with Regional Dietitian.
- Writes nutrition communications pieces for internal and external publication.
- Completes media training and supports district media activities.
- Manages food allergies in assigned districts
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required
- Two to three years of professional experience as a Registered Dietitian
- Experience in working in a School Foodservice environment, Grades K-12, preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with adult training and group presentations preferred
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 386922
Apply on company website