Posted Date: Oct 26, 2020
TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 431046.
Click here to learn more.
- We have an opening for a DINING SERVICES MANAGER position.
- Location: MonteCedro - 2212 El Molino Avenue. Altadena, CA 91001. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday. More details available upon the interview.
- Details: The dining services manager will support FOH operations at an upscale retirement home in the heart of Altadena. This community is called home to a group of residents who truly love our dining program. The dining venues consist of a very large bistro and a small restaurant. This individual will oversee FOH operations in both areas as well as assist with the development of our new Food Truck.
- Requirement: Must have 2+ years of foodservice supervisory/management experience, preferably in a fine dining restaurant or casual bistro.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
It's rewarding to be the best part of someone's day. No matter what your dreams are for the future, Morrison Living will help you get there. As the nation's leading provider of inspired dining, wellness, environmental, and hospitality services to senior living communities across the country, everything we do means more when it's served with care. We believe that the best way to provide meaningful, genuine experiences for residents is to train, develop, and recognize our greatest asset—our people. Joining our team means you're taking a step towards a rewarding career with opportunities to help you grow personally and professionally. Are you ready to be the best part of someone's day?
Full time associates at Morrison Living are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As a Dining Services Manager, you will manage a team of food service professionals and be responsible for the overall service in the main dining room as well as special functions. Additionally, you will assist with maintaining interdepartmental relations and integrating the dining service department with the facility plan of operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees dining services operations of a medium to large volume location.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and service-oriented manner.
- Assists with profit and loss and budgeting as it pertains to this account.
- Works with the Chef and management team in creating menus and providing top quality food.
- Assists in the responsibility for all food service-related activities and be primarily involved in meal services in a seated dining room setting, including quality improvement, sanitation, infection control and all facility-related activities.
- Assists with the rollout of new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly reports for client presentation.
- Works with marketing and culinary department to increase sales by innovations and food quality.
- Communicates with the culinary department to ensure the food programs reflect the vision of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service management experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Waited table and catering experience is preferred.
- Some knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification is preferred.
- Associate's degree is preferred.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Apply on company website