Posted Date: Oct 26, 2020
- We have an opening for a EXECUTIVE CHEF position.
- Location: Averett University, DANVILLE, VA. Note: online applications accepted only.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/Job Summary
The Executive Chef for Bon Appetit Management Company is responsible for the overall success of the food service operation adhering to the Client's culture and guidelines, the Health Department's regulations, and Bon Appétit's standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. In this position the Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing the sanitation and safety of all kitchens, while ensuring that all kitchen employees produce delicious, eye-appealing and nutritious food, while meeting client financial budgetary goals. This position Solves problems professionally, rapidly and fairly as well as maintains and teaches a good work ethic, while supporting the General Manager, and developing a sense of teamwork and cooperation within the team.
· Overall Management
· Supervision and Development of Staff
· Food Programs
· Customer Service and Client Relations
· Financial Management and Analysis
· Retail Management
· Special Events
· Food and Safety Responsibilities
· Degree from a post secondary culinary arts training program
· A minimum of 5 years as sous chef plus 3 years in similar position in a like volume and quality food service establishment
· General Hospitality knowledge and interest in sustainability and sustainable food practices
· Ability to operate Web based ordering system, process customer requests, changes to orders, menu updates and client profiles
· Proficient with word processing and spread sheet applications
· Possess the ability to meet Bon Appétit unit specific uniform standards for this position
· Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment's per Bon Appétit guidelines
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 431156
Apply on company website