Posted Date: Aug 16, 2019
- We have an opening for a RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR position.
- Location: International Paper; 4001 McCords Ferry Rd Eastover, SC 29044 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time; Monday- Friday.
- Requirement: Previous foodservice, Restaurant or Cafe management/supervisor experience.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit a job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Canteen is a national vending machine operating company offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states. Canteen's track record of innovation began in 1929, when company founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.
Full time associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As a Restaurant Supervisor, you will hold duties related to supervision of the food service operation. The position entails ensuring the standards of excellence are met, supervising staff, and supporting the manager with operational responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains, manages, and develops hourly associates.
- Assists with rolling out new culinary programs.
- Supports the Restaurant Manager with restaurant operations.
- Assists with ordering and inventory.
- Ensures the standards of excellence are met as defined by the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Experience managing cost controls is preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification is preferred.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 311166
Apply on company website