Posted Date: Oct 22, 2020
- We have an opening for a RETAIL FOOD SERVICE MANAGER position.
- Location: CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY in CLEVELAND, OHIO Note: online applications accepted only.
- Requirement: National brand retail food operation open Mon-Sun. This role is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations. Manage and lead a team of employees. Responsible for managing client and customer relationships, profitability of the account, talent development and supports Key Performance Indicators.
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 430638 . Click here to view more.
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/Job Summary
The Retail Food Service Manager position is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial manager who is constantly seeking a better way to conduct business. Our Retail Managers are responsible for the successful retail/cafeteria operation of Food & Retail Managers will perform a variety of duties including the planning and supervision of special functions, the maintaining of cash controls and payroll records, and the hiring and training of our hourly team members. They also ensure customer satisfaction and good public relations through the safe and efficient uses of resources.
- Oversees daily administrative and operational tasks
- Handles all aspects of staff management
- Manages all financials including budget development, forecasting, and financial reporting
- Maintains knowledge of the market place and trends
- Manages cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- Oversees sanitation and safety of assigned unit(s)
- Purchases and manages inventory
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
- Acts as the direct liaison with the client
- Culinary degree preferred, or A.A. Degree plus related experience
- Three or more years supervisory experience in food service operations
- Knowledge of retail, food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Leadership, management and coaching skills
- Communication skills both written and verbal
- Financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, the Internet and other necessary computer programs
- ServSafe® Certified
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 430638
Apply on company website