The mission of CompuNet Clinical Laboratories is to provide quality diagnostic laboratory services to improve health outcomes within the communities we serve.
Full Time Days
Under the supervision of the Billing Department Manager, this person will perform the daily account processing tasks of the Billing Department. This includes: billing data entry, third party billing and follow up, cash application, account adjustments/refunds, review of denials and resubmitting claims, as well as making/taking calls from patients and clients.
1. Review un-adjudicated claim reports and contact insurance carriers to determine reason for non-response. Perform follow-up as appropriate to resolve outstanding accounts.
2. Process Medicare denials for medical necessity and monitor payer rejections and denials for trends.
3. Review claim development reports for insurance denials; contact insurance carriers to determine denial reasons; works with carriers to rectify unpaid claims.
4. Ability to handle fast paced, high call volume environment with above average multi-tasking skills.
5. Process incoming patient mail and telephone inquiries accurately and in a timely fashion as outlined in the department SOP.
6. Maintenance of client account databases in QBS, resolve billing discrepancies, provides customer service to physician offices and clients.
7. Review bankruptcy notices performing appropriate write-offs of outstanding accounts; maintain bankruptcy files.
8. Research collection accounts as requested by patients of collection agencies.
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Previous experience in computerized medical billing environment preferred
3. Working knowledge of Medicare and other third party claims processing,
ICD-10 and HCPS/CPT coding and medical terminology highly desirable
4. Must be able to type 7500 Keystrokes per hour with less than 2 errors
CompuNet Clinical Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment.
Apply on company website