- Coordinating the orientation of staff nurses.
- Collaborating with the Education Council, Director of Clinical Education, Clinical Directors and Nurse Managers to plan, implement, and evaluate orientation, in-service education, continuing education, and competency programs.
- Instructing staff nurses on how to assess, plan, evaluate and implement nursing care for a specified group of patients and serve as a resource in defining and maintaining standards of care and clinical competency.
- Assessing the level of knowledge of current staff and offer in-services appropriately.
- Collaborating with the patient education coordinator and other health care providers to support and implement the patient education process.
- Job descriptions are subject to change with continued Activation Planning.
- Modifications may be made at any time based on operational and patient needs.
- BSN required. MSN preferred.
- Experience in providing educational offerings; 3+ years' experience in specialty area.
- RN (PA) license required or permit to practice from PA State Board of Nursing.
- BLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
- Certification in specialty area preferred.
Conditions of Employment
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.
Apply on company website