Sign-on Bonus Eligible, $5,000!!
Assists Orthopedic Physician/Provider in office procedures and in surgical cases by performing the following duties.
- Post-secondary Education
- BLS within 6 months of hire
Orthopedic Technician Certification through a nationally recognized program (NBCOT) within 9 months of hire OR Registered/Certified Medical Assistant with 2 years of Orthopedic experience and completion of a registered Orthopedic Technologist program (ASOP) within 9 months of hire.
- Assists/Performs cast removal and application.
- Applies braces, CAM walkers and other DME as directed by physician/provider.
- Provides patient education on proper care and maintenance of cast or splint. Educates patient on extremity signs and symptoms of ill-fitting cast/splint.
- Assists Physician/Provider with examinations and procedures and consults with the physician and other specialists as required to ensure optimal patient care.
- Assists the front office staff with patient scheduling; patient call backs; coordinating patient referral; and securing appropriate insurance approvals.
- Performs accurate and timely documentation of patient care information on appropriate patient medical record forms.
- Performing clinical duties such as: obtaining vitals; cleaning instruments; preparing exam rooms; ordering of casting supplies; and arranging for any necessary special equipment.
- Administration duties such as scheduling; organizing patient charts; filing; pulling and copying of patient records.
- Ordering/Preparation of medication under the direction of the physician.
- Applies waterproof casts; fiberglass splints along with pre-op and post-op bulky splints. Removes sutures and staples and applies special wound care dressings under the direction of the attending physician.
Additional InformationPhysician Practices
Apply on company website