CORT is seeking a Power BI Analyst to round out our Reporting and BI team. The applicant will be working with Financial Analysts and other stakeholders to migrate existing SSRS reports and generate new Power BI dashboards that bring value to the company.
The ideal candidate will have two plus years' experience using data visualization and advanced calculations (Aggregate, Date, Logical, String, Table) with Microsoft Power BI.
Additionally, they will have two or more years of experience writing complex SQL queries, views and stored procedures, along with extensive knowledge using and managing SSRS.
The candidate should have excellent communication and problem solving skills, as they will be working with business stakeholders and senior managers to create, modify, troubleshoot reports and automate business processes using the Power BI and SSRS platforms.
- Gather reporting and dashboard visualization requirements
- Design and develop Microsoft BI Solutions including data models and reports utilizing Microsoft SQL BI Stack and Power BI
- Work with business stake holders and senior managers to create, modify, troubleshoot reports and automate business processes using the SSRS platform
- Build effective and visually pleasing dashboards/ reports to represent the story to answer business questions with the help of data
- Apply best practices through the development lifecycle
- Create and develop Power BI visuals and data models as required
- Develop logical data models for the databases
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems (CIS) or similar degree
- Expert Knowledge connecting Microsoft Power BI to various data sources
- Experience with Slicers, Lines, Pies, Histograms, Maps, Scatter, Bullets, Heat Maps, Tree maps, etc.
- Experience in Custom Visuals and Groups usage
- Experience in creating DAX expressions
- Exposure to setting up and configuring Power BI related Gateways and related data connections
- Experience in generating Drill through and Drill down reports with drop down menu option, sorting the data, and defining subtotals in Power BI.
- SQL and database query skills are required as the applications leverage local and shared databases and data warehouses
- 2 or more years of experience involving Business Application support and SSRS programming
- Expertise in programming complex SQL queries, SSRS, stored procedures, views, user defined functions
- Proficient in both T-SQL and PL-SQL
- Microsoft SQL Server Report Services: Prior experience with SSRS Server 2014 and above
- Strong, effective communication skills
- Excellent organization and prioritization of daily tasks and projects
CORT is a subsidiary of Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway. We are the world's largest provider of furniture rental, trade show and event furnishings and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the US and in the UK, and a proprietary global network in over 80 countries around the world. We are dedicated to helping people make a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
As part of a national company, CORT Furniture Rental offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, competitive salaries with position-specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.
For more information on CORT Business Services, please visit our website at www.CORT.com.
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website