Now recruiting for August start dates
If successful, you will be eligible for a £1000 sign on bonus and a competitive starting salary!
Do you have a level 3 or higher qualification (certificate, diploma or NVQ) in animal care, animal management or animal technology
Are you interested in using your qualifications to develop a rewarding career working with a range of laboratory animals?
Do you want to be a part of the world's leading drug development company?
At Labcorp Drug Development in Alconbury, Cambridgeshire, we are looking to recruit Animal Technicians to join our expanding team.
Job responsibilities include:
- Recording routine study data both manually and using electronic data capture systems.
- Providing food, water and bedding to the animals.
- Changing cages and associated equipment.
- Assisting in the handling of animals for various procedures.
- Performing cleaning duties within the animal rooms and facility.
- Preparing equipment and materials for use on studies.
Labcorp Drug Development has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today. Chances are, you or someone you know has benefitted from a medicine or medical device that Labcorp helped develop.
What Labcorp Drug Development can offer you:
- Three months of training and personal development to prepare you for your exams and the responsibility of holding a Home Office personal license under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.
- Once you have obtained a Home Office personal license, you will continue to learn and develop, receiving training and support to progress through our career development programme.
You will be required to work 1 in 3 weekends as part of your working week, paid at a shift pay enhancement. There will be an opportunity to work additional overtime during the week and weekends that are not part of your scheduled week.Education/Qualifications:
- Animal Care or Animal Management qualifications at Level 3 or higher
- The ability to learn and have empathy with the animals; as well as the capability to develop the requisite skills
- Previous experience working with or handling animals within industry
Apply on company website