LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp's cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp's 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance 2021 Apprenticeship Program in Eye. As an Animal Welfare Apprentice within Covance, you will play an integral role in supporting all aspects of laboratory and study support functions for our testing and development work. Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully-tailored training program, you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of clinical trials and bringing miracles of medicine to market.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
As an animal welfare apprentice within Covance, you will provide assistance and support with the day to day care of animals. Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully tailored training program you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of animal care and animal husbandry in a range of different species.
This is an introductory role that would suit someone looking for their first step in a career within the science industry.
- Clean and disinfect animal cages, animal rooms, hallways and non-animal rooms as well as feeders, water bottles, and other supplies as needed.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and in particular those relating to Animal Welfare, GLP and Health & Safety.
- Collect data - manually or by appropriate computer software
- Handle animals humanely and appropriately for the species
- Animal behavior and how it impacts their care and welfare
- Exercise and socialise animals relevant to the species
- Provide animals with food, water, toys, housing, etc. according to company standards.
- Work both individually and as part of a team;
- Work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work that is undertaken;
- Work safely in the Animal House, maintaining excellent housekeeping whilst following appropriate safety, environment and risk management systems;
What you'll receive:
- You'll undertake an Apprenticeship in Animal welfare over the course of 12 months,
- You will study for level 2 Apprenticeship,
- A chance to Act as an Ambassador across Suffolk for Science roles,
- A salary of £14,500 in your first year rising progressively as you progress based on performance
- A generous benefits and holiday package
- Progression opportunities and a chance to work on ground breaking trials
- A passion for science
- A willingness to learn
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- A passion for animal welfare
Start Date: September 2021Education/Qualifications:
Apply on company website