Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Covance is hiring a Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to join our dynamic team!
- May administer EHS programs, e.g., hazard communication (MSDS and chemical inventory), contractor safety, chemical safety, waste management, respiratory protection, life safety.
- May function as Chemical Hygiene Officer.
- May perform chemical hazard assessments of purchased chemicals.
- May perform test material safety reviews and risk assessments under the direction of the EHS Specialist/Supervisor.
- May perform hazard and PPE assessments under the direction of the EHS Management.
- Administer EHS training programs and perform EHS training.
- Respond to hazardous chemical emergencies.
- Assist in waste minimization practices and other sustainability projects under the direction of the EHS Management.
- Provide first aid and CPR on an emergency basis.
- May provide waste management and respirator fit testing services.
- Lead or participate in facility EHS inspections.
- Assist EHS Management as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Technical Field plus 3-4 years of relevant experience; or high school diploma plus more than 10 years of EHS related experience.
- Must possess education and/or training requirements and years of experience to be appointed Chemical Hygiene Officer.
- Associate Safety Professional or similar recognized EHS related certification desired.
- Emergency Response certifications.
- Maintains certifications to ship hazardous materials if required.
- Maintains First Aid/CPR certifications.
- Knowledge of basic state/country EHS regulations.
- Ability to perform moderate to complex level word processing and spreadsheet tasks.
- Familiarity with EHS hazard and risk identification, evaluation and control concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with significant presentation experience.
Apply on company website