We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced LC-MS Lead Scientist to join our Bioanalytical team in Salt Lake City, UT. Covance's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on the lives of millions worldwide. Join us & be a part of this life-saving work!
Essential Job Duties:
· Able to lead and direct scientific work to support external methods and projects.
· Ensures client programs meet Covance, client, and regulatory requirements.
· Develops and reviews protocols and sample analysis plans.
· Reviews data with the method development team to ensure methods are ready for validation.
· Approves validation methods and reviews sample analysis methods.
· Independently reviews and approves raw data.
· Effectively evaluates data and tables to ensure regulatory guidelines and expectations are met.
· Reviews and approves reports for scientific accuracy and completeness.
· Provides technical support as needed.
· Assists with efforts to troubleshoot and solve assay problems.
· Recognizes the functions of different teams within Covance and seeks guidance when appropriate.
· Participates in scientific investigations.
· Approves QA project specific inspections.
· Approves data archival.
· Serves as the scientific point of contact for the client.
· Works with the client to determine project requirements.
· Gives scientific directives to the study team.
· Identifies scientific issues or scope changes within the study.
· Communicates and monitors scientific expectations with scientific staff and clients.
· Proactively identifies ways to increase client satisfaction.
· Promotes quality within the study team.
· Provides a technical resource for less experienced team members.
· Actively promotes collaboration within and across groups.
· Provides appropriate coaching and recognition to team members.
· Promotes a positive impression of Covance internally and within the industry.
· Able to plan, prioritize, and manage workload for large and complex projects.
· Demonstrated ability to manage high volume study work for key clients.
· Takes accountability and demonstrates responsibility regarding scientific study conduct.
· Good knowledge of client requirements.
· Manages time effectively.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.Education/Qualifications:
- Masters (MS) degree in science or related field
- Experience may be substituted for education
- 3-4 years of experience in the job discipline
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to utilize word processing, database, spreadsheet, and specialized software
- Experience and skill with Watson, Nautilus, and Analyst preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory agency guidelines
Apply on company website