Are you looking to start a rewarding career working in the laboratory?
Would you enjoy working as part of a team helping to research and deliver advances in medicine?
If so, a position as a Laboratory Sample Processing Technician within our animal house team could be the role for you.
In this position, you will:-
- Process samples using a range of laboratory techniques including; centrifugation, taking aliquots by pipette, adding stabilising agents etc.
- Demonstrate logistical skills by receiving and distributing large numbers of samples.
- Record data and track samples within a laboratory information management system.
- Follow protocols and SOPs to ensure samples are processed and stored correctly.
- Receive and process samples for laboratory analysis.
- Record information into a computer database.
- Maintain chain of custody of samples and reagents.
This is a time pressured Sample Processing role, and we look for candidates who are hardworking, flexible and happy to “go the extra mile” for the benefit of the team.
You will be required to work to a shift pattern that includes evenings and weekends. The main shift for this role will be 10am - 6.15pm.
In return you'll receive excellent career development opportunities, allowing you to develop into a number of exciting and varied potential career paths.
You'll also receive a competitive salary, excellent company pension, and several other benefits that you'd expect from a market leading global organisation.
- Some previous practical laboratory experience in a similar environment would be an advantage
- Good communication skills and an ability to work within appropriate company procedures
- Ability to utilise word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and specialised software on personal computers.
Apply on company website