Informatics at Covance is a high profile, high impact team that focuses on creating innovative data-driven solutions to improve the speed, cost and quality of drug development. As a market leader in central laboratory and pre-clinical services and top 5 provider of phase III clinical trial management services, Covance has assembled the most comprehensive investigator and clinical lab database in the pharmaceutical industry, spanning >11,000 protocols, >600 indications, >175,000 unique investigators, and >14 million patient visits over the past 10 years. The role of the informatics team is to lead breakthrough innovations that will unlock the power of this data to help pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies bring the miracles of medicine to the people in need faster and more efficiently.
As a software architect, you will be responsible for designing and developing high performing and aesthetically pleasing software solutions designed for web and mobile delivery to enable scalable, secure and intuitive access to data by Covance's global network of employees, partners, and clients. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help drive product innovation and work with internal and external engineering teams to prototype and launch data-enabled capabilities and service offerings. Key areas of focus include: 1) the integration and analysis of preclinical, clinical, health outcomes, and social networking data to improve protocol design, clinical site selection, and patient enrollment; 2) the design of intuitive visual interfaces to enhance the efficiency and quality of clinical monitoring; 3) the development of advanced software systems and interfaces for clinical trial design and simulation; 4) the development of integrated clinical trial dashboards for internal and external use; and 5) the development of analytic tools and methodologies for resource forecasting and utilization.
We seek smart, focused, passionate self-starters who bring energy, new ideas and practical experience to a fast-paced and dynamic team, are obsessed with delivering useful and elegant solutions, and care deeply about their customers and each other.
- Participate in the design and development of tools and technologies for integrating, processing and visualizing data at scale.
- Write production quality code while implementing your own ideas.
- Participate in the full development cycle from product inception, research and prototyping to release in production.
- Establish and promote agile development principles and best practices for software development.
- Partner with internal and external clients to translate business needs into elegant and workable systems.
- Measurably impact company performance by delivering high quality, scalable data products.
BS/MS in computer science, information systems, life sciences, or similar.Experience: Required:
- 4 years of experience in software development designing and building a production-level web application
- Proficiency in Java/J2EE and Spring Application Framework
- Proficiency with building and consuming RESTful APIs and JSON
- Experience with Linux and shell script development
- Solid knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps to support continuous delivery of the mobile application.
- Good taste and graphic design skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Preferred experience with .Net Core and C#
- Preferred experience with web security, and proxy servers (e.g. HAProxy, NGINX)
- Preferred experience with Docker
- Preferred experience in pharmaceutical R&D, clinical development and/or healthcare IT
Apply on company website