Laborp Drug Development continues to grow! We have an opening for a Study Director/Group Leader - Preclinical Oncology to join our team in Ann Arbor, MI. Take your career to the next level. Join the global leader in drug development using state-of-the-art technology to address the many challenges in our mission to improve health and improve lives.
Some of the duties of this role include:
- Become an integral part of the Preclinical Oncology In Vivo leadership team by leading cutting edge studies in oncology.
- Work with other scientists and technicians to gather and analyze data on a variety of oncology therapeutics such as CAR-Ts, antibodies and new compounds.
- Lead of a team of research associates to execute client protocols and elucidate effects of oncology therapeutics
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Preclinical Oncology (PCO) services and limitations; this includes in vivo, and imaging services for PCO offered at the Ann Arbor, MI site. In-depth understanding of execution of preclinical will be essential in effective management of client studies and team responsibilities.
- Experience with small animal handling and manipulation/restraint to include procedures not limited to in vivo: dosing, measuring, weighing, and surgeries; ex vivo: necropsy and sampling.
- This role requires:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in laboratory, CRO or pharmaceutical industry in areas specifically relevant to preclinical oncology
- Understanding of preclinical mouse models, technologies and methodologies is essential to success in this role, as is knowledge of the molecular and cellular approaches and targets in cancer biology.
We are the world's most comprehensive drug development company, dedicated to advancing healthcare and delivering Solutions Made Real®.
Patients can't wait. Neither can we.
- Masters degree plus 4 years relevant experience is preferred or Bachelors degree plus minimum of 6 years experience is also acceptable.
- Prior CRO experience preferred
- Experience with oncology models is preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience managing direct reports
- Skilled in planning and directing study work
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting
Apply on company website