Are you looking for a role with training and career progression opportunities?
Are you passionate about caring for animals?
Do you want to be a part of the world's leading drug development company?
At Covance in Alconbury, we are looking to recruit a Trainee Animal Technician to join our expanding team.
Job responsibilities include:
- Providing food, water and bedding to the animals.
- Changing cages and associated equipment.
- Assisting in the handling of animals for various procedures.
- Performing cleaning duties within the animal rooms and facility.
- Preparing equipment and materials for use on studies.
- Recording routine study data both manually and using electronic data capture systems.
Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today. Chances are, you or someone you know has benefitted from a medicine or medical device that Covance helped develop.
What Covance can offer you:
- Competitive salaries
- Opportunity for additional income through overtime at weekends, weekdays and public holidays
- Structured training and development programme, which includes gaining accredited Animal Science and Technology qualifications, as well as structured career progression
- Educated to GSCE level
- The ability to learn and have empathy with the animals; as well as the capability to develop the requisite skills
- Previous experience working with or handling animals is beneficial
Apply on company website