Now recruiting for February
If successful, you will be eligible for a £1000 sign on bonus!
Do you want to work with animals?
Do you want to build a career working for a company that is commited to making the world a better place?
Are you looking for a job that offers training and development?
Then we have the role for you!
Covance are looking for Trainee Animal Technician's to join our growing team in Eye,Suffolk. Covance are the largest employer for animal technicians in the UK and we need you!
We fully support our technicians through our comprehensive training and development programme which includes gaining accredited Animal Science and Technology qualifications, as well as structured career progression.
As a Trainee Animal Technician, your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing food, water and bedding to the animals
- Changing cages and associated equipment
- Assisting in the handling of animals for various procedures
- Performing cleaning duties within the animal rooms and facility
- Preparing equipment and materials for use on studies
- Recording routine study data both manually and using electronic data capture systems.
There is plenty of opportunity for additional income through overtime at weekends, weekdays and public holidays.Education/Qualifications:
- Animal Care or Animal Management qualifications at Level 2 or higher are desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 5 A*-C GCSE's or equivalent qualifications including Maths, English and Science
- The ability to learn and have empathy with the animals; as well as the capability to develop the requisite skills
- Previous experience working with or handling animals is beneficial
Apply on company website