Covance is currently hiring for Animal Technicians at our facility in Somerset, NJ.
$500 SIGN ON BONUS-Available after six months employment
To provide general animal facility maintenance and cleanliness and to dispense animal diets in compliance with appropriate SOPs, GLPs, and regulatory agency guidelines. To monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for AAALAC compliance. Records data in a consistent, accurate, timely and legible manner.
This job contributes to organizational success by:
- Upholds the stringent values of a Culture of Care, ensuring animals in their care are the first priority at all times.
- Ensures animal rooms are kept clean and organized and liaises with departmental management to maintain general facility cleanliness.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all team members.
- The scope of this position is within one facility to support Animal Operations across multiple studies daily.
- Clean feeders, water bottles, animal caging, and other items. Clean and sanitize animal rooms or pens, hallways, stairways, and non-animal rooms.
- Achieve competency in husbandry procedures (daily and study term room cleaning, rack preparation and changes) for all species.
- Collects and records applicable hand recorded and computer generated data.
- Set up housing and provide feed,water and enrichment.
- Cuts fruits, stocks PPE, and preps items and equipment for study use.
- Receive new animals, set up housing and enrichment, provide feed and water, and fill out animal arrival information.
- Maintain equipment and log books.
- Maintain cleanliness of the data collection carts.
- Learns to observe animals for general health and general animal room standards.
- Recognizes deviations from normal or expected outcomes based on known reference standards and makes recommendations to supervisor.
- Maintains well documented laboratory records according to GLPs.
- Recognizes and documents unusual occurrences and notifies supervisor.
- Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Learns handling techniques for all species.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma and/or equivalent work experience
- Animal experience perferred
- High standards of organization and cleanliness
- Strong focus on data quality and animal welfare
- Demonstrates ability to use good judgment, asses risks and change managment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment as well as maintain and exhibit personal composure and confidence
Apply on company website