We are looking for an Animal Technician to join our Covance site located in Somerset, NJ. The Animal Technician is part of a division that is directly responsible for the oversight and care of animals on preclinical studies supporting the drug development process. Covance's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on the lives of millions worldwide. Join the global leader in drug development and play an integral role in delivering innovative solutions that improve the quality of people's lives.
- Provide animal care for large and small animal species according to Standard Operating Procedures and governmental regulations including but not limited to daily cage cleaning, cage changes/sanitization, feeding the animals, maintaining clean animal rooms, procedure rooms, hallways and other support areas, and keeping manual and electronic records related to animal care.
- Assist with the handling and restraint of both large and small animal species.
- Complete work in a timely fashion and according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safety directives and follow written and verbal instructions related to the scope of the job.
- The employee must be able to exert moderate physical effort and have high standards of cleanliness and organization.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Previous animal care experience preferred
- Extensive job related training provided
Apply on company website