Now recruiting for February
If successful, you will be eligible for a £1000 sign on bonus!
Do you have a level 3 or higher qualification (certificate, diploma or NVQ) in animal care, animal management or animal technology
Are you interested in using your qualifications to develop a rewarding career working with a range of laboratory animals?
Do you want to be a part of the world's leading drug development company?
At Covance in Eye, we are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to join our expanding team.
Job responsibilities include:
- Recording routine study data both manually and using electronic data capture systems.
- Providing food, water and bedding to the animals.
- Changing cages and associated equipment.
- Assisting in the handling of animals for various procedures.
- Performing cleaning duties within the animal rooms and facility.
- Preparing equipment and materials for use on studies.
Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today. Chances are, you or someone you know has benefitted from a medicine or medical device that Covance helped develop.
What Covance can offer you:
- Three months of training and personal development to prepare you for your exams and the responsibility of holding a Home Office personal license under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.
- Once you have obtained a Home Office personal license, you will continue to learn and develop, receiving training and support to progress through our career development programme.
- Opportunity for additional income through overtime at weekends, weekdays and public holidays.
- Animal Care or Animal Management qualifications at Level 3 or higher
- The ability to learn and have empathy with the animals; as well as the capability to develop the requisite skills
- Previous experience working with or handling animals within industry
Apply on company website