Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Data Protection Officer
Covance is seeking an experienced data privacy professional to serve in the role of Data Protection Officer (DPO). The DPO will have primary responsibility for oversight and management of the Company's compliance obligations under the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and similar privacy laws and regulations that require a DPO.
Experience and professional qualities for the role:
- Experience with the details and practical application of current European data protection legislation, and possess an in-depth understanding of the GDPR
- Previous experience in a compliance, data protection and/or privacy role preferred;
- Familiarity with privacy and security risk assessment, best practices and gap analysis, privacy certifications/seals, and information security certifications
- Familiarity or experience with implementing data protection policies, procedures, and training materials, and promoting a culture of data protection compliance across business functions
- Ability to communicate effectively with data subjects, data protection authorities, works councils, and other controllers and processors across national boundaries and cultures
- Familiarity with information technology programming and infrastructure, and information security practices and audits, preferred
- Possess integrity, professional ethics, and sound judgement in managing risks and enforcing company-wide standards
- Experience advising internal / external stakeholders around data protection questions, risks and issues
- Inform and advise the Company of obligations under the GDPR
- Assist in implementing existing project plan for obtaining GDPR compliance before May 2018, as well as ongoing adherence
- Advise senior leadership, including the board, on potential privacy and data governance risks and impacts, making recommendations to manage any risks
- Serve as the contact point with data subjects, Supervisory Authorities and stakeholders within the company
- Oversee internal and third-party risk and privacy impact assessment processes
- Assist with the day to day legal aspects of international privacy and information security investigations, including managing projects and documenting incident response
- Assist in the development of privacy training to facilitate and promote information privacy awareness within the Company and related entities
- Manage all necessary filings and registrations and keep appropriate records of processing activities
- J.D. or equivalent degree is highly preferred.
- 10+ years of data protection experience in a multi-national company (medical device, pharmaceutical, consumer goods, or healthcare preferred) or a global firm.
Experience: Minimum Required:
- Data privacy expertise, preferably with a legal background
- Significant experience with data incident response, cybersecurity, privacy, compliance, and investigations.
- Ability to prioritize and undertake mission critical tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; experience with cross-cultural communications a plus
- Additional languages preferred
Apply on company website