Operations Supervisor – Patient Solutions Center (high call volume environment)
*Home based during COVID-19*
A career at Covance provides our employees the unique opportunity to make an immediate impact and difference in our patient's lives. Joining Covance will offer a rewarding career, a chance to work in an energetic & team oriented work place, and access to competitive benefits. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and a vast array of career options, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning. As a Covance employee, your work will be meaningful, the patient outcomes are real, and the results are lasting.
Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
We are currently hiring an Operations Supervisor for our Durham, NC office. This is your opportunity to have an exciting career while making a difference in people's lives.
The Operations Supervisor - Patient Solutions Center Is Responsible For:
- The performance management of their direct reports.
- Delivery on the assigned program.
- The continued growth and improvement of the health of the program as a whole.
- Data analysis, identifying trends, and providing proactive solutions and recommendations.
- Seeking a leader, a self-starter, who will take initiative working with various groups within the organization to drive our mission.
- Agent Training and Coaching
- Supervise and guide staff on assigned program(s). Drive stellar performance of staff through recognition, encouraging growth through detailed performance reviews, development of goals and objectives, active and ongoing coaching, and mentoring.
- Participate in the interviewing, onboarding, and mentoring processes of new hires ensuring they become effective team members for the business and program teams.
- Lead proficiency gap assessment of staff, and develop plans to address performance issues.
- Regularly monitor and review trainings to determine effectiveness, and provide feedback on recommendations for improvement in future training sessions.
- Listen to agent calls to assess customer service levels on program(s) and provide feedback and remediation plans as necessary. Occasionally listen to calls on program(s) to assess customer service delivery across the program. Client and Program Communication
- Ensure that Associate has assigned and completed work appropriately in a timely manner according to performance metrics and program efficiency.
- Identify and escalate program trends and provide recommendations to the issues as necessary.
- Monitor program volume, identify fluctuations and recommend staffing changes to address needs. When deviations occur, escalate deviations.
- Expresses thoughts and instructions clearly in both oral and written communication; i.e. uses grammatically correct, clear, and concise language.
- Proactively share communication updates and recommendations regarding program operations with peers and Program Manager, Service Delivery.
- Attend client meetings to support the program and Program Manager, Service Delivery, as needed.
- Reporting and Analytics
- Monitor program volume, identify fluctuations, and suggest staffing changes to address problem areas.
- Generate the Time Assessment Query (TAQ) regularly to ensure staff is billing appropriately; communicate issues and incorrect billing to the appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Generate, monitor, and assess data quality and productivity reports for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Address and resolve issues as necessary.
- Identify trends and issues, providing action plans and recommendations as necessary.
- Program Specific Knowledge
- Have a strong understanding of program processes, proactively drive process improvement to ensure work is completed in a timely, efficient, and high quality manner.
- Coordinate internally to ensure all resources are available to accurately and effectively support the team.
- Own the escalation of and action plan to address workflow, process and turnaround time deviations. Provide Program Manager, Service Delivery frequent communication on progress.
- Successfully participate in special projects as assigned, and execute all expected deliverables; Other duties as assigned.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.Education/Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- A Bachelor's degree or evidence of continual work towards a degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of customer service, volunteering, or other customer facing experience is preferred with a Bachelor's Degree.
- Without a degree, 8 or more years of healthcare or customer service work experience is preferred, along with a High School Diploma (or GED).
- Prior supervisory experience (direct reports) is preferred.
Apply on company website