- Process Purchase Order and contact suppliers to follow-up on PO and the anticipated delivery date.
- Interact with internal requestors on material availability, critical supply issues, delivery dates, order problems and quality issues to meet inventory demand.
- Reconcile Account Payable issues with suppliers.
- Register suppliers in appropriate system.
- Register product codes and maintain product code system(s).
- Work with Sourcing manager to provide data and analysis.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the acquisition/return of materials and services for supply items as defined by the relevant Authority levels.
- Prioritize and direct daily tasks and special projects for positions within their purchasing scope or commodity group.
- Insure all purchasing needs within the company are met. This requires positive communications and order feedback to the requesting individuals or department.
- Provide internal customers with alternative supplier(s), product(s), and/or service(s) other than proprietary supplier, products, and/or service.
- Monitor inventory levels and replenishment rules for assigned commodities through usage analysis and direct communications with internal customer.
- Support on-going Process Improvement and targeted cost savings
- Assures accurate and timely completion of work in the area particularly for order management and supply chain reviews etc.
- Undertake specific projects as required
- Other duties as assigned by senior management.
- Establish effective communication with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Provides troubleshooting and assistance (both oral and written) to customers as required.
- Proactively manage and drive resolution of customer issues with and across departments, International locations and other Covance business units.
- Position is 40% tactical – 40% Operational Support - 20% strategic
- Act as an ambassador for the company when conducting business with sources outside the company.
- Assist in the coordination of weekly/monthly management reports.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and update of departmental procedures, mission and training manual as needed.
- Observe Universal Precautions Procedures when applicable.
- Provide back-up coverage as needed.
- Comply with the Covance Quality System initiatives.
- Commit to demonstrating: professionalism, respect for Individuals, team skills, collaboration skills, creative problems solving and customer orientation.
- Colleague degree in Sourcing,Procurement or related majors of supply chain
- Fluent English and Japanese.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workloads and deadlines.
- Must have proven record of excellence communication, customer service, high level of analytical experience and organizational skills.
- Purchasing, Inventory Management experience required.
- Extensive general computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office Tools.
- Minimum two years of related work experiences in Procurement and Sourcing, International supply chain, material and Inventory management.
- Perfer internatinal company working experiences
- Some overtime required.
- Requires working with frequent interruptions and changes.
- Tolerance for stress.
- High degree of global participation within peer group via webex and conference call assignments
Apply on company website