Covance Inc., the drug development business of LabCorp®, is the world's most comprehensive drug development company, dedicated to advancing healthcare and delivering Solutions Made Real®. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow's challenges as they evolve. Together with our clients,
Covance transforms today's healthcare challenges into tomorrow's solutions. We also offer laboratory testing services to the chemical/agrochemical industries and are a market leader in toxicology services, central laboratory services, discovery services and a top global provider of Phase III clinical trial management services.
Join our team in Greenfield, Indiana as a Laboratory Supervisor Pathology
As Supervisor of our GLP Pathology Laboratory in Greenfield IN you will play a key role in connecting the pathology work performed by your team with Study Directors, Research Associates and global work groups. Duties include but not limited to;
- Scheduling and coordinating proactively and in conjunction with other groups or departments the daily activities of the group
- Understands and interprets study plans and identifies problems resulting from the study plan or during study conduct and takes appropriate action.
- Optimizes existing and develops new techniques, methods for study conduct or non-study specific areas and supports their application.
- Performs quality controls, assures corrections of errors (incl. documentation) identifies potential problems and optimizes the quality control system.
- Ensures maintenance of instruments and equipment is performed (i.e. maintenance, validation and calibration), ensures that non-performing equipment is removed and may maintain inventory lists and ensures replacement or new purchase on time.
- Responsible for constructive responses to reports and questions from Study Direction, QAU, EH&S, clients or regulatory agencies in a timely manner. Performs corrective actions when needed.
- Provides for safety and welfare of staff and supports/enforces Environmental Health and Safety Policies
- Participates inspections and client visits
- Participates in budget planning and monitoring
- Responsible for laboratory, equipment, methods, inventory of supplies & disposal
- Provides coaching and guidance for team on daily basis, interviewing, hiring and selection of team, responsible for associate performance review and performance feedback process
- Bachelor's degree and prior leadership experience is preferred. Experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Strong knowledge in GLP (Good Laboratory Practice for conducting non-clinical laboratory studies) including working knowledge of GLP regulations
- Preferred by not required Medical Technology Laboratory experience
- Prefer 2+ years of working in a GLP laboratory.
- Prefer 3+ years of people leadership including the responsibility for managing a team of 8 or more direct reports ideally in a laboratory setting
- Prefer 1+ years of department budget management including annual planning and managing monthly cost
Apply on company website