Do you want to work for a company that improves lives and improves health globally?
Do you want a job that has a positive impact to science?
Are you interested in a career in science but have no relevant qualifications?
Do you want to work in a laboratory?
***A submission to this job posting is to express your interest for a future career opportunity with Covance. Please note, this is not a formal employment application.***
As a Trainee Histology Technician at our site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, you will work within our modern purpose-built Histology department. You will play a key role in the selection and subsequent processing of pre-clinical tissues providing the essential link between sample collection and pathological evaluation.
Following a comprehensive training and career development scheme, the responsibilities of this varied role will include:
- The development and use of anatomy skills to identify and trim tissue samples from a range of animal species.
- Processing and blocking of tissues using the latest automated tissue processing technology.
- Microtomy of embedded tissues using the latest motorised microtomes.
- Staining of tissue sections using a combination of methods and processes.
- Microscopic quality control of tissue sections.
- Precise labelling of samples and accurate recording of data.
- Adherence to Good Laboratory Practice regulations.
- Undertaking cross-training initiatives within other areas across Safety Assessment.
- The job may involve periods of lifting, pushing and pulling of equipment and animals.
- You will have an enthusiastic and committed attitude.
- You will have a target-orientated outlook, suited to working within a fast-paced, production-intensive environment.
What Covance can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory pension
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you will be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning
Due to our comprehensive training and career development scheme, it is not essential to have previous experience; full training will be provided, however, good English language / reading / writing skills are essential. We offer a range of entry level opportunities with different working patterns.Experience:
No experience required, however knowledge and experience with cellular pathology is advantageous.potlight Job/Harrogate
Apply on company website