Are you interested in a career in Science?
Do you want the opportunity work for a global organisation who strive to make a difference to people's everyday lives by bringing essential products to the market?
***A submission to this job posting is to express your interest for a future career opportunity with Covance. Please note, this is not a formal employment application.***
As one of the world's premier Contract Research Organisations, Covance's mission is to help build a healthier and safer world by providing research services for a multitude of organizations.
As a Trainee PLS Technician within the Pathology Laboratory Services team based in Eye, Suffolk, your role will mainly be within our histology section and your main responsibilities will be:
- Perform routine Histology on all species
- Learn to identify key organs and sample specific areas through these tissues
- As part of the process you will learn to embed tissue
- Be given specialist training to learn Microtomy
- Training to be given to learn staining techniques
- Once fully trained, successful applicant will have ownership of own work
There will be opportunities to cross train in the other sections of the Pathology Laboratory Services. These include:
- Performs routine macroscopic necropsy techniques for all species.
- Trim and retain all organs from all species.
- Performs caesarean necropsy techniques.
- Performs external and visceral fetal examinations.
- Performs non-routine tasks such as freezing tissues.
- Preparation of consumables e.g. slides washing, pot filling.
- Sample preparation for routine sperm analyses.
- Staining and coverslipping of slides.
- Preparation of reagents and sample processing for skeletal examinations.
- Prepare Bouins fixed rat/mouse fetuses and rabbit head serial sections using a freehand serial sectioning technique.
- Specimen archiving.
If are looking for a role where you will receive first class training and have the opportunity to develop and progress, then we would like to hear from you!
What Covance can offer you
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory pension.
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry.
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you will be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
- GCSE level passes (C or above) including Maths, Science and English. Candidates without this level of qualification may be recruited if considered suitable
- Ability to work as part of a team and learn new techniques
- Ability to follow instruction and pay attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise work in line with departmental needs and a flexible approach to work
- Understand the role of others and liaise, collaborate and demonstrate effective communication
- No prior experience required as full training will be provided.
Apply on company website