We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! This is a corporate position that reports directly to the Director of Campus Finance. This position is responsible for the monthly and annual close of certain Covenant Living campuses and will drive the operational and financial analysis of assigned campuses.
This position will play a key role in preparing monthly reporting packages and will work with assigned businesses to drive understanding of the actual financial outcome. This position will prepare financial projections on a regular basis and also prepare the annual operating budget.
- Complete the monthly general ledger close and financial statement preparation within prescribed corporate accounting policy time-frames. Work with Expense Cycle Management, revenue Cycle teams and FP&A to ensure appropriate adjustments to the campus financials are recorded in a timely manner. Complete monthly statistical reporting, including entrance fee accounting and related schedules.
- Assist with preparation of financial projections and the annual operating budget.
- Reconcile and review balances in the general ledger for accuracy and completeness, including maintain and review of schedules supporting account activity and balances.
- Perform financial and operational analysis, including detailed analysis of general ledger accounts, preparation of reporting package and providing written commentary on key indicators and metrics.
- Play an integral role in explaining actual results in monthly financial review meetings.
Required Degree: Bachelors in Accounting or Finance or Equivalent Degree
Preferred Degree: MBA
- Certified Public Accountant, preferred
- At least five years of related experience in an accounting support position
- Experience in the continuing care retirement communities and / or healthcare industry is preferred
- Experience with Lawson and Vision software is preferred
- Experience with budgeting or working with a budgeting tool is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Excellent understanding of financial statements and financial reporting
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple organizational levels, exhibiting a positive attitude and customer focused demeanor
- Strong business acumen and ability to simplify complex financial concepts for non-finance professionals
- Strong attention to detail and proven track record of producing consistently accurate work, while possessing the ability to step back and determine whether outcomes are reasonable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (both written and oral, English skills required).
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive, cooperative and team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, campus leadership and others as required for the job
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook proficiency
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website