Want to wake up each day knowing that you are a part of something special? Something real? Something bold?
Are you Tribal, True and Tenacious?
Then it's time for you to join the pack!
We Move the World Forward
Coyote was created in 2006 with one goal in mind: To create a better service experience in the transportation industry. Today we are a leading third-party logistics provider that matches more than 10,000 shipments every day. We play a crucial role in the global supply chain and delivery of goods across many sectors around the world, making us an essential business. As a UPS subsidiary, our seamless technology driven solutions drive the industry forward and empower customers to make smarter supply chain decisions. Every time. Everywhere.
Make Your Work Matter
At Coyote, our employees are empowered to guide their own growth. We prime them for limitless career potential through training programs, accessible leadership, talent development, and unique workplace perks and benefits. We offer opportunities to thrive by learning the ins and outs of our business, our proprietary technology, and the industry. We provide a culture that supports diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEI&B), and we are deliberate about supporting our local communities -- from donating our logistics services to help those in need, to supporting our employees in their missions to make an impact in the world.
A Business Development Representative is responsible for selling and operating Coyote's services to small and medium-sized customers. They are to focus on selling Coyote's services over the phone and through other forms of communication such as email. Business Development Representatives are responsible for prospecting, communication, quoting, developing, operating, and maintaining their customer accounts.
Daily Tasks & Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Build, maintain, and grow customer relationships through cold calls and consistent communication
- Research leads, uncover needs, and persuade decision makers to let Coyote service their freight
- Use creative and persistent methods to prospect and generate new business opportunities
- Serve as a consultative resource to customers regarding service offerings, market trends, industry standards and effectively provide quotes considering all variable factors
- Maintaining operational efficiencies for book of business through functions that include, but are not limited to, load building, scheduling, issue escalation, and capacity securement. Work with Carrier Managers to secure best viable options; calling carriers to get additional options and track when necessary
- Understand digital platform services & modal diversity service offerings and effectively persuade customers to use
- Effectively support teammates' customers when they are out of office
- Meet or exceed expected KPIs
Essential Skills, Characteristics, & Experience:
- Prior sales, operations or customer service experience preferred
- Strong negotiation skills – persuasiveness, aggressiveness, confidence
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to recognize and prioritize profitable opportunities
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to be a team player while working independently
- Effective and professional communication skills and strong customer service skills
- Confident decision-making skills, problem solving ability, issue resolution skills
- Entrepreneurial and competitive spirit, passion, self-motivation
- Organization and attention to detail
- Adaptability, multi-tasking ability, sense of urgency
- Persistence and resilience
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
Benefits & Perks
At Coyote, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Coyote can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Coyote one of the most rewarding places to work.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.
Important Notice to US Applicants:
Coyote is an at-will employer. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please view Equal Opportunity Posters provided by the OFCCP.
Apply on company website