Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and are you looking to join a team that creates communities that feel like home? We are looking for compassionate and talented team members who have a passion for caring for our Residents. The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel.
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. is considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit.
$1,000 Sign on bonus - paid over a period of 12 months!
Shift Details: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday; 10:30am - 7:00pm. Occasionally 6:00am - 2:30pm. Alternating Holidays.
Kitchen Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare daily production list
- Ensure that all stations remain stocked before and during the meal period
- Verify that kitchen staff follows all recipes and portions servings correctly
- Keep kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized
- Place food and supply orders as directed
- Receive product, then verify the invoice and freshness of merchandise
- Hire and train employees to company standards
- Set excellent customer service and work examples
- Actively participate as a member of the management team
- Manage staffing levels throughout shift under the general direction of the Director of Food and Beverage
- Oversee kitchen labor and food cost to budgetary requirements
Kitchen Supervisor Work Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years working in a food preparation position
- Hold and maintain a Food Handlers Permit
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of basic training techniques
- Awareness of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, refrigeration, slicer, knives, and dish machineDemonstrate competence for assigned responsibilities
- Able to follow oral/written instructions
- Must be medically able and willing to wear a NIOSH-approved tight-fitting respirator (N95 mask), if required by and in accordance with federal or state regulations or Spectrum policy.
Kitchen Supervisor Educational Requirements:
- Minimum requirement of high school diploma or equivalent
- College or culinary training preferred, or extensive cooking and production experience
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401(K); PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Free lunch with various shifts; on the job training; online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.
Apply on company website