- Nursing Assistants perform delegated duties of direct care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or License Practical Nurse. Nursing Assistant must continually strive to provide the highest possible level of care for the patients. High quality care and overall efficiency are essential components towards the achievement of the goals of the Cuyuna Regional Medical Center.
- Education and Experience:
- Completion of an approved nursing assistant training program required.
- Active certification with the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry required. American Heart Association BLS certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Special Skills and Aptitudes:
- Previous hospital experience or completion of an approved nursing assistant training program required.
- Basic understanding of the usual methods used in providing personal care for patients required.
- Capable of following and carrying out verbal and written instructions.
- Effective interpersonal relation skills, observation and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of applied science principles in situations involving procedures, hygienic and safety measures.
- Ability to properly operate all equipment required for this position.
- Exercises concern for patient's welfare above all else.
- Assists the nurses in providing the nursing care and services to the patient.
- Assists in the care of a patient unit.
- Assists in dietary needs by delivering patient meals, feeding or assisting patients with meals, collecting trays after meals.
- Understands and correctly operates and cares for equipment when directed to do so.
- Runs errands, stock supplies, performs cleaning assignments as required.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in emergency situations.
- Provide patients with comfort care.
- Demonstrate Standards of Excellence when other duties are assigned.
Apply on company website