- Medical Laboratory Technicians are dedicated health professionals who are specially trained in the field of clinical laboratory testing. They collect blood samples and receive other body fluid samples for analysis, perform laboratory tests and submit results in a timely manner. Lab results are used in the prevention, detection, diagnosis, and treatment of disease. Medical Laboratory Technicians continually strive to provide high quality service to the patients and residents. They are an essential component in the successful achievement of the Cuyuna Regional Medical Center's goals.
- Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Medical Technology for Clinical Laboratory Science. For COLA -Must provide a copy of the highest diploma or degree attained.
- ASCP, NCA, or AMT certification within one year of hire.
- Special Skills and Aptitudes:
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to multitask accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to work under stressful situations.
- Effective interpersonal relation skills.
- Effective observational and reporting skills.
- Effective basic computer skills
- Ability to adapt resources to needs of the situation.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Responsible for laboratory analysis of blood and body fluids.
- Responsible for complete, accurate, and timely reporting of laboratory findings.
- Obtain and process laboratory specimens for analysis.
- Execute systems for positive specimen identification and specimen integrity.
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot a wide variety of laboratory instrumentation, analyzers and computers.
- Support and promote CMS Compliance Plan policies and procedures.
- Perform clerical tasks.
- Perform light housekeeping duties as needed: maintain a neat and well stocked work area.
- Identify abnormal results; understand reference linear and critical ranges, and follows up on Critical Values.
- Run and verify QC
- Maintain complete and accurate records (i.e. workbooks, log books and QC charts)
- Demonstrate Standards of Excellence when other duties are assigned.
Apply on company website