*$3000 Signing Bonus* POSITION SUMMARY
- At the general direction of the Clinic Director of Nursing, is responsible for the overall coordination of a physician's daily clinic. This includes patient assessment and education, scheduling of tests and procedures, appropriate documentation, and serving as the communication link between the patient, the physician and other clinic departments or agencies involved in the patient's care. Complies with MN State law and the Nurse Practice Act.
- Education and Experience:
One year of clinical nursing experience (for coordinator or specialist roles).
- Current LPN license for State of Minnesota. American Heart Association BLS certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Special Skills and Aptitudes:
- Effective listening, observational, reporting, documentation and communication skills.
- Exemplifies self-direction with good organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under stressful situations
- Ability to adapt resources to the needs of the situation
- Direct Patient Care
- Room and assess patients, anticipating appropriate preparation of the patient for the physician visit.
- Assist the physician with procedures and treatments as necessary.
- Prepare and administer medications or vaccines according to standard procedure and as ordered by the physician or standing order.
- Operate correctly a variety of pieces of medical equipment including, but not limited to EKG, tympanometer, suction, oxygen, spirometer, audiometer, nebulizer, wheelchair, and exam tables.
- Assist other LPN/CMA staff as needed.
- Perform or assist with dressing application and removals as ordered.
- Instruct patient appropriately regarding prescribed therapies and preparations for ordered procedures.
- Indirect Patient Care
- Document vitals, treatments, interventions, medications, and essentials notes in the patient's medical record according to clinic policy.
- Stock supplies as needed in patient exam rooms and common storage areas.
- Assist physician and reception/scheduling staff in maintaining an accurate daily schedule providing efficient patient flow.
- Assist in coordinating lab tests, x-rays, consults, surgeries, hospital admission or other appointments as ordered by physician, seeing that all necessary authorizations are complete.
- Call or fax prescription refills as ordered by physician or standing order and document according to policy.
- Facilitate communication between patient and physician and provide general clinic information in a professional manner.
- Manage voicemail.
- Identify and follow appropriate procedures for emergency calls.
- Problem solves and secures alternate solutions as necessary.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills in order to positively impact the experience of care for our patients, their families and other service partners.
- Demonstrate Standards of Excellence when other duties are assigned.
- Attend nursing department meetings.
Apply on company website