- The primary function of this position is to provide assistance to the physicians and nursing staff to maintain smooth Orthopedic, Spine, and Interventional Pain (OSIP) clinic function. Responsibilities include assisting the clinic nursing staff with the rooming process for patients in the clinic. When a patient has completed their XR in the radiology section, the NAR would escort the patient to the exam room and complete the rooming process with the patient (vitals, etc.).
- Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification/registration as a nursing assistant. American Heart Association BLS certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Special Skills and Aptitudes:
- Good understanding of medical terminology
- Effective listening, observational, reporting, documentation and communication skills
- Use of nursing equipment including BP cuff, stethoscope, EKG machine
- Basic computer knowledge
- Direct patient care
- Room patients for exams
- Perform basic assessment, i.e. height, weight, temperature, respirations, blood pressure, visual acuity, EKG's.
- Assist with procedures as appropriate
- Transport patients as needed.
- Indirect patient care
- Chart vital signs per protocol
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
- Order and stock supplies as needed in clinic exam rooms.
- Communicate patient questions/concerns to nurse or provider accurately and promptly.
- Perform errands as needed or requested by nurse or physician.
- Answer phone/relay messages accurately and promptly.
- Check vaccine refrigerator temperatures and record twice each work day
- Demonstrate Standards of Excellence when other duties are assigned.
Apply on company website