- Licensed Practical Nurses provide direct resident care and continually strive to attain the highest quality of care. (High quality care and overall efficiency are essential components toward obtaining the goals of Cuyuna Regional Medical Center.)
- Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- LPN License to practice in the State of Minnesota. American Heart Association BLS certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Special Skills and Aptitudes:
- Knowledge and skills to implement nursing theory.
- Effective interpersonal relation skills, observational and reporting skills.
- Exemplifies self-direction with good organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt resources to meet the needs of the situation.
- Responsible for the direct and indirect care of residents assigned to him/her under the guidance of the RN or Charge Nurse.
- Exercises concern for the resident's welfare above all else.
- Remains up-to-date on new nursing skills, technology and requirements in the changing health care environment.
- Performs duties in accordance with physician's orders, the Medical Center's policies, methods, and techniques, and be cooperating with other departments and Medical Center personnel.
- Practices and maintains high ethical standards.
- When requested, participates in in-service programs, education programs, and orientation of new personnel.
- Provides leadership and promotes teamwork.
- Regularly evaluates ongoing resident's needs and problems on all assigned residents.
- Performs treatments; administers medication to resident.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of nursing observation and care.
- Recognizes symptoms, reports conditions of resident to RN and assist with or initiates intervention as appropriate.
- Administers medications to residents; performs treatments.
- Assists in orientation of new personnel.
- Observes Nursing Assistants.
- Demonstrates Standards of Excellence when other duties are assigned.
Apply on company website