*** Position is Monday-Friday, 11am-7:30pm*** POSITION SUMMARY
- Surgery Aides perform delegated duties of direct and indirect care under the supervision of a registered nurse, CRNA, MD or licensed practical nurse. General duties include assisting with patient care, operating room turnover and set up, patient transport, and supply stocking. The ability to function in a highly productive and stressful situations is essential. Good communication, flexibility, attention to detail and teamwork are essential components to the success of this position. Surgery Aides work toward the goals of the Cuyuna Regional Medical Center. High quality care and overall efficiency are essential components to this success.
- Education and Experience:
- Completion of an approved nursing assistant program required.
- Active certification with the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry required. American Heart Association BLS required within 30 days of hire.
- Special Skills and Aptitudes:
- Basic understanding of the usual methods used in providing direct or indirect care to patients under RN, LPN, CRNA or MD supervision.
- Capable of following and carrying out verbal and written instructions.
- Effective interpersonal relation skills, observational and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of applied science principles in situations involving procedures, hygienic and safety measures.
- Ability to adapt resources to meet the needs of the situation, in a dynamically busy environment.
- Provides direct or indirect care to patients under RN, LPN, CRNA and MD supervision.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Correctly operates equipment in peri and post anesthesia units as directed.
- Proactively stocks supplies according to defined par levels, ensures supplies are available for surgical team. Collaborates with Material Management and communicates issues related to supply shortages.
- Assists in timely manner with room turnovers.
- Provides patient transport to and from operating rooms.
- Readily available in emergency situations to be a runner or resource person.
- Demonstrate Standards of Excellence when other duties are assigned.
Apply on company website